Thursday, April 26, 2012

Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blushes- A Bouncy Ball for Grown Ups

     I feel like the new Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blushes have gotten a bad rap from other beauty bloggers. Yes, they are sheer and, yeah, that probably sucks if you have dark skin. If you are freakishly (awesomely) pale, though, they are kind of splendid. I have two and though I don’t think they are “my colors” they are quite lovely.



     The packaging is nothing special but it is pretty sturdy. I like how little space it takes up. I think the blushes are rather cute.

     We have to talk about the texture, right? They are…weird. You can press your finger into them and create a little finger print, but I’m not willing to use the adjective “bouncy” to describe these. It’s like putty, not a bouncy ball. Despite the seemingly dense texture in the pan, they go on light and smooth. They are easy to blend and layer. Really they are super fun to play with and apply. It’s almost equal parts toy to blush. I feel very whimsical when applying these.

     I can see how these might be an epic fail for darker ladies, but for my skin they show up just fine. In fact, on my NC10 skin, it’s easy for me to overdo it (story of my life). They last pretty well on my normal cheeks, without a powder on top. On the skin there is no discernible glitter or shimmer, but they provide a satin sort of finish.

     The two colors I bought are Plum Wine (cool dark purple, with a bit of red) and Coral Crush (medium soft orange). I don't find either color to be particularly flattering on my skin tone and Plum Wine is decidedly corpse-ish. I think it will be suitable base for other colors, though. Coral Crush is definitely something I will use on it's own.

(Coral Crush & Plum Wine)
(With Flash)
(Without Flash)

     Conclusion: I like them well enough. If I were a cream blush person I would probably go back and get some other colors, but I prefer powder formulas for my blush. With that being said, I’m still desperately tempted to get a pale pink shade.

Where to buy: Drugstores. $6-10, 5.6 grams.

Do you own any of these? What do you think? Any colors I should get? Let me know in the comments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest