Friday, March 30, 2012

I Found a Pixi! Eyeshadow That is...

Who doesn't like Faeries? Don't answer that. I, for one, love them in all of their incarnations, whether it's dark and scary or full of light and glitter. Personally, I'm never against glitter. When I first saw Pixi at Target a few years ago I was ecstatic and wanted to try everything out immediately. Unfortunately, my skepticism kicked in (I thought the packaging was too pretty to have a good product inside of it) and I didn't buy anything until just a few weeks ago.
The box doesn't tell you on the front, but it's an eyeshadow. I'll show you later. How about some more packaging pics first, though? Yes? Yes.
This is the back of the box and it has all kinds of blah, blah, blah on it.
Here are the ingredients. It's made in China, but what isn't?

This costs $15, but I got it for $12 with a coupon, which is always nice.  For reference, MAC eyeshadows cost $16 and you only get 1.5g, so Pixi is a pretty good deal. I would call this brand a high-end drugstore brand. It's about equivalent with a mid-end department store brand.

Now on to the swatches & product pics!


The above picture shows the eyeshadow a little darker than it is in real life. The swatch is much more accurate.

(Left to Right: Matte light brown from NYX palette, MAC Jest, Pixi Nude Nouveaux, Shimmery Taupe from aforementioned NYX palette)

I'm going to admit that while the color may not appear very unique, for my collection, it really is. In the store it looked sort of taupe-y and when I got it home it seemed more like a dark champagne shade. The picture makes it look like a golden-brown-peachy shade and it really is quite versatile.

The above swatch is color accurate (on my monitor) and the swatch is without primer. The eyeshadow is creamy and smooth and it wears really nicely over my Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Overall, I'd give the formula an "A." The only, slightly, annoying thing is how bulky the packaging is.

This picture has my Android phone, next to the eyeshadow, sitting on top of the bottom part of my HP laptop. As you can see, it's thicker than my phone. If you've ever seen an Android in person, you know that they are ginormous. I really want to depot the eyeshadow, but the packaging is so pretty!!!! For these reasons I think the packaging gets a "C."


Conclusion: I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality of the eyeshadow, I suppose, since I thought the packaging was too cute to be true. In some ways it is, but I don't regret my purchase and I think this eyeshadow will get plenty of use.


Where to Buy: Check your local Target or their website   http://www.pixibeauty.com/


Have you tried anything from this brand? What did you think? Let me know in the comments below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest